Dentist for kids in San Francisco, CA offers a wide variety of dental services
The earlier children see the dentist, and the more often they visit, the more comfortable they will be with their providers. Children are encouraged to start seeing a dentist for kids in the San Francisco, CA, area at the time of their first tooth eruption. This often occurs within the first year. Then, every six months, children should visit a dentist for kids for necessary services.
What children’s services are provided by a kids’ dentist?
Dental procedures that are offered for children include:
- Cleanings – every time your child visits our dental team, they will get a full dental cleaning. Plaque and tartar will be removed, and the teeth will be polished by our dental hygienists.
- Examination – at the same time, our team will examine the child’s teeth and gums to ensure they are healthy. They check for signs of cavities and periodontal disease. With an early diagnosis of these conditions, our team can step in and help alleviate these issues.
- Fillings – if cavities are found, our dental team encourages having fillings placed as soon as possible. This effectively treats the decay and keeps it from spreading further and deeper into the teeth.
- Dental sealants – children are not always complete when they brush their teeth, which means that our dental team needs to take steps to further protect the teeth from cavities and periodontal disease. We often use dental sealants to protect deep pits and grooves in teeth near the back, such as the molars.
- Fluoride treatment – strengthening the enamel of the teeth is one way to help fight cavities, so fluoride treatment can be provided with dental sealants for effective protection.
- Mouthguards – older children who are in active and high-impact sports will benefit from the use of a mouthguard to protect their teeth and gums from injury. We provide more robust, more durable options than those available over the counter.
Learn more about children’s dentistry with the team at West Portal Family Dentistry
Whether you need dental care for yourself or your children, our team of professionals can help! Contact Drs. Terri Nguyen and Laura Huynh of San Francisco, CA, to discuss the best treatment options for you and your family. We are located at 26 West Portal Ave. in Suite #4 and can be reached by phone at (415) 604-9292.