Receive personalized smile makeovers from our cosmetic dentists in San Francisco, CA
In San Francisco, CA, patients often want to visit cosmetic dentists to learn more about ways to enhance the appearance of their smiles. Drs. Terri Nguyen and Laura Huynh provide unique, personalized solutions for men and women ready to improve their look. With smile makeovers, patients can achieve the smile they’ve always wanted with the guidance of our experienced team of professionals.
What is a smile makeover?
A smile makeover is a series of treatments that are combined in a treatment plan to provide patients with solutions for common issues within their smiles. This may include:
- Lost teeth
- Broken teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Stained teeth
When patients visit Drs. Terri Nguyen and Laura Huynh of West Portal Family Dentistry, they can point out the areas of concern they have and then have a treatment plan developed by our quality dental staff.
What treatments may be included in a smile makeover?
Every patient has unique needs, so each smile makeover is personalized for patients to ensure they can improve the specific areas of concern they want to address. Our dentists may suggest some of the following treatments when designing a personalized smile makeover:
- Dental crowns – covering imperfections or strengthening broken teeth can be achieved with the use of dental crowns.
- Dental bridges – missing teeth within the dental arch can be restored using dental bridges, porcelain restorations that are fabricated to include false teeth and dental crown on each side as anchors.
- Dentures – full and partial dentures are used by our patients as an economical solution to missing teeth, whether this is just one tooth or several teeth within the dental arch.
- Implants – dental implants are one of the most requested tooth replacement options at our practice. These titanium posts act as natural tooth roots once did, and provide a foundation for several different restorations.
- Porcelain veneers – covering imperfections on the anterior (front) teeth can be easily achieved with porcelain veneers, which act as facings bonded onto a tooth to change its appearance.
- Composite resin bonding – as an alternative to porcelain veneers, patients can ask about composite resin bonding. This clay-like material is used to cover problem areas and provide a natural-looking restoration.
- Professional teeth whitening – patients with a dull or discolored smile may find that professional teeth whitening is a wonderful solution that is stronger and longer-lasting than anything available in the local drugstore.
- Bite adjustment – patients who have problems with their bite alignment may want to ask about our procedures for optimum results.
Which treatments might be used for my smile?
We encourage patients to be open-minded regarding the many ways they can improve their smiles. For many concerns, there are multiple solutions. For example, patients with missing teeth can often choose between dentures, bridges, and dental implants for replacement. Patients who have imperfections on the natural tooth enamel may consider porcelain veneers versus composite resin bonding. Comparing the treatment options recommended can be done with the assistance of our qualified staff and dedicated dental professionals.
How long does it take to complete a full smile makeover?
The answer to this question varies greatly from patient to patient. Some patients choose to be in the dental chair for an extended period and have all the procedures they require performed in just one visit. However, others may want to complete their treatments one at a time due to their budget. During the development of a smile makeover plan, our dental team consider how quickly patients want their results to determine what solutions are best.
Ready to discuss a personalized smile makeover with Drs. Terri Nguyen and Laura Huynh?
Contact West Portal Family Dentistry today at (415) 661-7779 to make a consultation appointment with our staff of professionals. We encourage patients to take the time to learn about cosmetic treatments such as those listed above and find out how they can completely rejuvenate their smiles. The practice is conveniently located in San Francisco, California in Suite 4 at 26 West Portal Avenue