Have no fear – root canal therapy in San Francisco is gentle and quick
When is root canal therapy indicated?Each tooth has nerves in an inner pulp chamber. When outer tooth structure is compromised by trauma or deep decay, oral bacteria reach the pulp chamber, resulting in infection that irritates the nerve.
Signs that you may need root canal therapy are usually progressive:
- Heat and cold sensitivity
- Discoloration of the tooth
- Gum tenderness
- Significant tooth pain
- Facial swelling
Dr. Nguyen and Dr. Huynh recommend having a tooth checked and treated before it becomes painful. Left untreated, infection may spread to the jawbone, and the tooth has to be extracted.
Patient comfort and convenienceWe understand that our patients would rather not be in the dental chair any more often than necessary. Our dentists can usually complete root canal therapy in a single appointment, lasting no more than two hours.
Patient wellbeing is top priority at West Portal Family Dentistry. If you are in pain, the dentist first prescribes antibiotics to calm inflammation. The tooth is thoroughly numbed before treatment begins. Our patients also have the option of oral sedation, or IV sedation from a trained anesthesiologist.
Following root canal therapy, a crown is placed to protect and strengthen the tooth. With normal good oral hygiene, the tooth and the restoration can last for many years.
If you have a tooth that you think might need root canal therapy, please don’t delay. Call (415) 604-9292 for an appointment at West Portal Family Dentistry in San Francisco.
- Dispelling the Myth about Root Canals and How it Can Save a Tooth in Peril in San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco, CA dentist offers root canal treatments for saving natural teeth
- San Francisco, CA dental team describes the purpose and expectations of root canal therapy
- How is root canal therapy performed in San Francisco CA?
- Reasons why a tooth may require a root canal in CA
- San Francisco, CA area dentists describe root canal treatment