Professional teeth whitening has smiles gleaming in San Francisco
Types and causes of dental stainsThere are basically three types dental stains:
Extrinsic stains are pigments that settle into the outer layer of tooth structure from:
- Red wine
- Dark berries
- Smoking or smokeless tobacco
Intrinsic stains occur when the inner structure of teeth darken from:
- Excess fluoride
- Tetracycline (an antibiotic)
An effective combination approachDrug stores aisles are full of products that claim to whiten teeth. They may provide some improvement. However, they could contain abrasives that scratch enamel, actually contributing to dingy tooth color. No over the counter remedy can match the whitening power of professional treatment, for effective results on all three types of stains. Plus, you have oversight from a team of trained dental professionals.
The dentists at West Portal Dentistry use a combination approach for the whitest smiles with lowest risk of sensitivity. KöR deep bleaching treatment begins with an in-office laser whitening procedure that takes about an hour. The patient is also provided with custom-fit trays for at-home whitening. Trays are filled with prescription strength gel and worn overnight. A special buffering ingredient ensures comfort. Once desired results are achieved, trays can be worn periodically to keep the smile bright.
For teeth whitening in San Francisco, contact West Portal Family Dentistry. The number is (415) 604-9292.
- Let the Experts Handle your Dental Teeth Whitening in San Francisco CA
- How to keep your smile sparkling after teeth whitening services in San Francisco
- San Francisco area dentist offers teeth whitening instructions for patients
- San Francisco, CA area dentist offers professional teeth whitening that can give you a new smile!
- What teeth whitening mistakes do San Francisco patients make with over-the-counter products?
- San Francisco, CA area patients ask, “Can teeth whitening damage the gums?”
- Is teeth whitening safe? San Francisco, CA area dentist describes the process to maintain safety and results
- Professional teeth bleaching available for San Francisco, CA area patients