San Francisco dentist explains the importance of general dentistry services
Patients to Dr. Terri Nguyen’s general dentistry practice in San Francisco know that their comfort and well-being are of top concern. For more than 20 years, Dr. Nguyen and her team have provided compassion, professionalism, and expertise to their dental patients. From protecting your mouth from oral health problems to improving your smile, the West Portal Family Dentistry team offers a full suite of services so that their patients, and their families, can receive nearly all their dental needs under one roof.
Keeping your mouth healthy
Preventative dental care services are the dental treatments that are designed to prevent future problems or issues in the mouth. While brushing and flossing at home are critical, patients simply can’t manage their dental health alone. Good preventative dental care also includes regular visits to the dentist. These twice-annual appointments are important for several reasons:
- Professional cleaning: Patients receive a professional dental cleaning by trained hygienist who use commercial tools and expert techniques allowing them to clean between teeth and around those hard to reach back teeth that even the most careful brushers can’t reach at home.
- Oral health exam: Patients also receive a complete examination of the mouth is conducted where potential problems, such as oral cancer, can be detected before they progress.
- Oral health counseling: The dentist and her team will speak with the patients about their at home dental habits, nutrition and lifestyle habits to improve oral health to ensure that the right steps are being taken at home.
Addressing problems and improving appearance
Even with the best preventative care, dental issues can occur, or patients may want to improve the appearance of their smile in order to restore their confidence. Restorative and cosmetic dental services include treatments such as:
- Fillings and dental crowns for decayed teeth
- Deep cleaning or more aggressive treatment for gum disease
- Implants, dentures, or crown and bridge appliances for missing teeth
- Teeth whitening or straightening treatments
It’s important to note that restoring dental problems is typically easier when the issues is addressed immediately. Dental discomfort is usually caused by a problem in the mouth that won’t simply resolve itself. When a patient seeks immediate help, they have more options for less invasive treatment with less time needed for recovery. For more information or to schedule an appointment call West Portal Family Dentistry at (415) 604-9292 today.